When the warmer weather arrives, people are looking to spend more time outdoors. It is also a great time to tackle some home maintenance tasks that need to be done around the house. There may also be some that you don’t even think about. Let’s take a look at what those tasks may be.
Inside Your House
- Inspect your doors and locks. With the change of temperatures, you want to make sure your doors and locks work properly each season.
- Replace furnace filter. When your system is running you want to be sure to change your filter often. If you have pets, you want to change it every 2 months; if you don’t have pets, your filter can last about 3 months.
- Clean out your dryer vent. This task is super important, as many house fires start from the dryer.
- Caulk or install weather stripping around any windows or doors that may require it.
Around the Outside of Your House
- Check your windows and doors. Make sure the frames are not damaged. If they are, have them fixed or replaced right away. Also, take time to clean your windows and doors.
- Have your roof inspected.
- Inspect your walkway and stairs. Make sure no new cracks formed over the winter months. If so, have them filled or repaired.
- Power wash your siding.
One last but critical task is to review your homeowner’s insurance policy. Make sure everything is up-to-date, and if you haven’t had your homeowner’s insurance policy reviewed lately, find out if you can get a cheaper rate. Be sure to contact Rothenberger Insurance Services to have your homeowners insurance policy reviewed.
Rothenberger Insurance Services is a full-service insurance company that specializes in auto insurance, home insurance, life insurance and all commercial insurance services. We are located in West Reading and help many individuals and businesses in and around West Lawn, Wyomissing and Reading.