The holiday season is upon us! While you already may be in full swing with all of the hustle and bustle, we wanted to take a few moments to share some safety tips with you.
Before you start decorating your house, you want to remember these tips.
- Lights: Before you start hanging the lights, inspect them to make sure they are still in working order. If anything is damaged or loose, do not use! Replace them right away.
- Electrical Outlets: Avoid overloading your outlets. Be aware of how many plugs you need to plug in and what outlets you are using. Limit the amount of plugs you are plugging in to each outlet.
- Tree: Do not let your tree dry out! Water it regularly to ensure it is staying hydrated. Dry trees are a serious fire hazard!
- Cords: If you have to use extension cords, make sure they are protected. Don’t place them near heat sources or shove them in small spaces.
Everyone has a lot of cooking and baking they need to do throughout this month, before you head into the kitchen to start, remember these tips.
- Oven: Remember to not stay too far away from your oven. Unattended cooking equipment is one of the leading causes of house cooking fires.
- Be Aware of Your Area: If you’re cooking on the stove, be aware of what is around your stove. Keep anything that is flammable away!
- Final Check: If you spent your day cooking and baking, do a final check when you are finished. Make sure all of your appliances, such as the stove and oven, are turned off.
We hope you have a safe and happy holiday season! And remember, we are here for all of your insurance needs!