insurance for college students

College Students, Know What Insurance You Should Have

For college students, you know that you’ll already have student loans and costs for books, meal plans, and other essentials, but what about insurance? Whether you’re commuting or staying on campus will determine what type of insurance you may want to consider.

For both types of college students, if you have a car, you want auto insurance. Even if you’re living on campus and your car is parked for a majority of the time, you still need coverage. For the commuter, who will be driving back and forth, this is a no brainer.

Another insurance that is specific to the student living on or near campus is renter’s insurance. If they’re not required to live on campus, they may find renting a place nearby is the better way to go, but they’ll need renter’s insurance to protect belongings that could potentially be damaged or stolen.

Lastly, valuable item insurance may be necessary depending on what you have with you at college or in an apartment. If you have any high-end computers, jewelry, or other valuable belongings, they’ll be covered in the case of damages or theft. It’s hard enough dealing with the loss of an important item that was valuable to you, but you can at least be covered in the unfortunate situation.

College is a big transaction. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors, and if you need any type of insurance, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Rothenberger Insurance Services is a full-service insurance company that specializes in auto insurance, home insurance, life insurance and all commercial insurance services. We are located in West Reading PA and help many individuals and businesses in and around West Lawn PA, Wyomissing PA and Reading PA.

Skip to content